japitools-list

[Japi] Harmony japi diff emails suspended

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: [Japi] Harmony japi diff emails suspended
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:08:09 -0500

I don't know what's up with the source of my harmony japi files but
they keep bouncing back and forth between two states (about 97 versus
87 percent of 1.2, for example), producing regular multi-megabyte diff
emails. Not only are those emails wasting space in the archives,
they're not remotely useful to actually track harmony's progress; any
actual improvements (or regressions) are entirely lost in the noise.
I've already been regularly rejecting them from the japitools-results
list for that reason; I don't know if they've been making it through
to harmony-commits.

I've been holding out hope for a while that either the files I was
getting would stabilize or a harmony autobuilder (providing up-to-date
svn head binaries) would show up, but the files haven't stabilized,
and if an autobuilder exists I've missed any mention of it on the
mailing lists.

So while I'll continue to actually keep the results pages up to date,
I'm no longer going to be sending diff emails for harmony.

If the project can set up (or point me to an existing) autobuilder
that can provide a consistently-built up-to-date version of whatever
harmony's equivalent to rt.jar is (or a zip or tarball containing it)
that I can download from a known url, I'll update my scripts to use
that instead and start sending out the mails again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.netreach.com/