k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] PPC iso pre12

From: Yves Combe
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] PPC iso pre12
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:46:30 +0100

Toby Baier a écrit :

Hi Yves and all,
I just tested pre12 on my G4 PowerBook. It booted kernel 2.6.something-benN-kmib10. Unfortunetaly I didn't find X nor startx, so I couldn't check my Radeon Mobility 9600 (I wanted to check dual head once, but I have it working with OSX now, so MIB is nly out of interest from now on :)). Also, my USB Mouse and Keyboard were not accepted, I could only use the built in keyboard. I have a german layout and many keys were wrong, including quite unusual switches (q<->a). Is that a french layout? I didn't check loadkeys. One more bug: since I couldn't find the 6 to init 6, I tried reboot, but it failed because in some line 46 the command "usleep" was not found.

Cheers and thanks for your work,
Toby

Thanks for your test.

To start X, there is again a little problem with PATH setting: just type
source /KNOPPIX/root/.profile
to set them correctly.
After that, startx, or X, should works.

For USB mouse and keyboard, thank you for pointing this out. I don't know how to choose the console keyboard when two are connected, i will see that. Switch q<->a is french keyboard, but i did no changes. That's strange i will check the problem.

Please test X, with the two display in and say me. X should autodetect the dual head.

thanks,

--
Yves Combe
Formateur TICE