k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] PPC iso pre12

From: Yves Combe
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] PPC iso pre12
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:57:21 +0100

Toby Baier a écrit :

To start X, there is again a little problem with PATH setting: just type
source /KNOPPIX/root/.profile
to set them correctly.
After that, startx, or X, should works.

After I found the dot on my scrambled keyboard (it's "shift ," IIRC) I could do that and startx fired X up but didn't find any windowmanagers. My trackpad worked, but dual head was not enabled.

Sorry. I forgot the most usable: you can use "dpkg-reconfigure console-data" to set the keyboard setting correctly.

So X works. xsession is not set correctly, that's normal. But X works, that's important. dual head seems not automaticly enabled... well.

Can't both keyboards work, as in most other situations? It might be that the kernel did not find my USB devices at all, had that problem with Gentoo 2004.0 too, which uses 2.6 as well...
I don't know if the 2 keyboards can works together for console. I guess that X can handle two keyboard, as it handle two mouse.

Can you look into /proc/bus/usb/devices, to check if your usb keyboard is detected?

I have that:
# more /proc/bus/usb/devices | grep board
S:  Product=Hub in Apple Extended USB Keyboard
S:  Product=Apple Extended USB Keyboard

Regards,

--
Yves Combe