koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] how to contribute to Koha

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] how to contribute to Koha
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:35:30 +0200

samuel desseaux a écrit :
Hello!
Hello/salut Samuel,

I'm newbie on this list and i would like to contribute to the development of Koha.

My name is Samuel (you can say "sam",if you want).

I'll stay with Samuel I think (Uncle Sam) is a so friendly concept ;-)

I'm 32 years old and i live in North of France.

i'm 39 years old, and I live in ... South of France (Marseille ;-) )

I work in a library and i am in charge of everything concerning computers,IT. At work, i use Horizon of Dynix but i hope that one day, i could use a free software like Koha.

which library ?

So, i'd like to know how i could contrubute.

many ways...

I can coding,
debugging,translating,writing documentations ( i don't know in which field there's a lack of contributors).
- Translation to french is OK : Pascale Nalon (ENSMP) took care of it. so we don't need help here
- Testing, debugguing could be interesting.
- writing docs !!!! gotcha !!!! we REALLY need someone that write docs. Can you write in a good english ? or do you prefer to write in french ? We have the online help that is really outdated in koha 3.0, and a user manual that don't exist at all atm.

bye

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie (http://www.koha-fr.org)