Re: list software

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: list software
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:12:42 -0400

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 08:58:34PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> At Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:15:15 +0200,
> Bas Wijnen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > However, the list filters the headers of e-mails, and by default doesn't
> > send
> > them to people who are also in the To: or Cc: header.  This means that when
> > people reply-to-all to my list postings, they arrive directly in my normal
> > mail box, and they don't arrive in my list box (because the list didn't send
> > them to me).  This does not mean they didn't go to the list.
>
> Are you sure this is the case?  I get duplicates of every mail that is
> sent to me and the list.  And all mails through the list have the
> List-* Headers, while the ones going to me directly don't.

The default for new subscriptions to GNU's lists indeed seems to be
that if the receiver is in the list of recipients (`To:', etc.), then
the copy via the list is not sent and the one message that you receive
does not have the usual `List-ID:', etc. headers.

I also found this irritating when I recently re-subscribed to some
lists.

It can be configured somewhere below
<URL:http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/options/l4-hurd>.

Regards,