Re: Name spaces in programming languages

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Name spaces in programming languages
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:13:21 +0200

   Nope.  In Guile, there is no such thing as a globally shared
   mutable name space: each module has its own set of bindings.

In Guile, that is _one_ implementation of a million.  I could list a
slew of Lisps that have a global namespace, all quite different.
You'd only be able to mention the RxRS variants. ;)

(oh, and I consider Scheme broken in many regards, but that is for
another thread)