Hurd on Minix3 or other kernels?

From: Matheus Morais
Subject: Hurd on Minix3 or other kernels?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:22:11 -0200

I don't think build Hurd to run on top of Minix 3 its a good idea IMHO, I mean in the development aspect of the project, doing this we will fall in the RMS quote in other topic of l4-hurd list ("I am against it--to keep changing platforms means never getting it done."). Its very important to know why they (Neil, Marcus, etc) are changing the kernel. Its how Marcus said, they don't know if the next generation of L4 will be suitable for general purpose capability operating systems.

So we need to build something around this and with Shapiro working with Hurd project we have a lot of chances to create/fork/whatever the ideal kernel for Hurd based on capability operating system.

I don't want to broke that new ideas but I think would be better for the project if we could find something to work in a _mutual_ deal.

Thanks

Matheus Morais