Re: No need for CC, please

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: No need for CC, please
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:28:12 +0200

Scribit Thomas Schwinge dies 02/05/2006 hora 09:07:
> I can't / don't want to afford to always parse through my whole
> l4-hurd list folder.  But if I'm participating in discussions, I'd
> like to be made aware of replies to the messages I sent.  That's why I
> receive an extra copy, which will show up in my inbox.

I could suggest, as it was done to me, to fix your mail agent: there
should be a way for you te be made aware of replies to specific threads.
An extra copy is a big overhead for this, I think.

(I think it is somewhat a weak argument, but no more than 'fix your mail
agent to deal with the extra copy')

> If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect to
> receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header
> added to it.

I still want to receive emails by the list, to read the emails in the
list inbox, with all others, which for the moment has always seemed to
be the most sensible way to do it.

Could you suggest a way to use the mailman header to avoid the annoyance
of the mails going in my personal inbox?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A