Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio (cvs) on FreeBSD 5.2.1

From: Steven M. Schultz
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio (cvs) on FreeBSD 5.2.1
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:28:45 -0800 (PST)

Howdy -

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, R. Bernstein wrote:

> Funny I was just about to put out the first release candidate. Maybe I
> should wait until this is fixed....

        If things are fixed up to at least not have any fatal "stop the
        compiler" errors a release candidate is ok I think.

>  >  FreeBSD/freebsd.c: In function `_get_track_lba_freebsd':
>  >  FreeBSD/freebsd.c:432: warning: implicit declaration of function `ntohl'
>
> Hmmm. Don't get this on sourceforge's FreeBSD box. Man says it's in
> sys/param.h Is that so? If so I'll add that to configure.ac

        Yes, it is in <sys/param.h>  (just checked ;))

> Believe it or now I was just in the process of compiling on
> sourceforge's FreeBSD box. So I saw all of the problems except the ntohl.

        It's probably been there for some time - but unless the compile stops
        with a fatal the warnings tend to get overlooked.

        I think with a <sys/param.h> around to prototype/define ntohl() things
        will be in pretty good shape.

> Their box is real slow so it's still compiling and will be a while before the
> regression tests are run. (Also I don't have access to a real drive.)

        Too many other folks using it or it's a small/slow system to begin with?

        Cheers,
        Steven Schultz