[Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.72 release candidate 1

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.72 release candidate 1
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:25:44 -0500

Folks -

libcdio has entered sort of a freeze period until release; my
expectation is that changes will made only for fixes towards the next
release. (Actually that's what I've been trying to do the last week
or so).

I invite people to try out what is in CVS. I know some people have
trouble with the auto* system so there is also a release candidate at:
http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/libcdio-0.72rc1.tar.gz

I've compiled this on GNU/Linux, Solaris, cygwin (in the morning
before the last wave of changes) BSDI, FreeBSD and OSX. The first two
I also have access to a CD-ROM drive and have been able to run
parnaoia regression tests. Folks have suggested that it works on OSX
(and possibly also doesn't work), and FreeBSD (and BSDI?).

The last wave of changes was to reduce memory leaks. As mentioned
before, I've been able to use this in a vlc CD-DA plugin. What remains
adding a couple of sections to the documentation and is going over it
as well as doxygen documentation. But my expectation is that none of
this will functionally change the program, so it will go on while
there's the wait that usually goes on in giving people time to test
this.

In the past folks have tended to wait until after a release to start
testing. If that's okay with you it's also okay with me; each release
invariably works for things and platforms that I use, so it is not me
that's inconvenienced.