libcdio-help

[Libcdio-help] Re: Trouble with Teac CD-R55S and Teac CD-R50S, JVC XR-W2

From: Tobias Jakobi
Subject: [Libcdio-help] Re: Trouble with Teac CD-R55S and Teac CD-R50S, JVC XR-W2010 and Pinncale RCD-5020
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:47:56 +0200

You're mixing something up. The device is a Teac CD-R56S (NOT 55S). I
know of the problems with the Teac CD-R55S (the 56S has a jumper to
switch it into alternate commandset mode).

But the problems I have should not originate from the different command
set. The cdrdao docs for example state that the generic-mmc drive is
used for the Teac CD-R56S. And cdrdao does not produce any SCSI errors
when scanning the toc and getting device information. According to the
information on the Teac homepage the device uses a standard MMC
commandset, that confirms the cdrdao docs. wodim also uses the generic
MMC driver for the Teac.

I have produces some logs when running cdrdao and wodim (the 'new'
cdrecord). Going to upload them soon.