liberty-eiffel

[Liberty-eiffel] concurrency / threads

From: Hans Zwakenberg | Ocean Consulting GmbH
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] concurrency / threads
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:13:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Group,
noticing that thread safety is on the agenda again, I wondered whether the implementation of SCOOP would be made easier if the Intel CILK-library would be used.  It is now part of one of the newer GCC versions, it's massively promoted on sourceforge as well.  Also I found an interesting paper by Jack Dennis documenting his current thinking about concurrent programming.  It references and builds upon ideas borrowed from CILK as well.  The paper can be downloaded from http://csg.csail.mit.edu/Users/dennis/pmup-final.pdf

cheers
Hans