Re: [libmicrohttpd] Sockets remain in CLOSE_WAIT state

From: Santos Das
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Sockets remain in CLOSE_WAIT state
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 10:04:04 +0530

Hi Christian,

We see that it never times out, i.e remain in CLOSE_WAIT state forever.

Also, it is seen irrespective of whether we use loop back ip or a regular eth0 IP.

From my reading, I understand the following and we don't see that FIN is received from Client but , we don't send FIN.
CLOSE_WAIT means that the local end of the connection has received a FIN from the other end, but the OS is waiting for the program at the local end to actually close its connection.