libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] c3 and c4 states for macbooks

From: Albin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] c3 and c4 states for macbooks
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 16:05:56 +0200

This is awesome news, Arthur, but has it been tested?  Do you have a
macbook2,1 yourself?

I've been waiting a long time for this.  Two years ago I tried the first
libreboot version for the macbook2,1 which had no c states at all and
got 85--90 degrees hot.  Then I tried Leah's experimental ROM which was
created, I believe, like you've done it -- by copying the c-state values
from the x60.  This didn't work, however, and my computer got bricked.
I've since unbricked it but I'm hesitant to try it again, unless
somebody could prepare an image with a working fallback mechanism.

Cheers!

Albin