Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Network Services [was: Tack

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Network Services [was: Tackling Network Effect]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:10:16 +0200

On 19/06/2012 19:00, Ted Smith wrote:
On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 09:43 -0600, Patrick Anderson wrote:
Grandma
This language is both ageist and sexist.

To quote Daniel Kahn Gilmore from the freedombox list (ironically):

To learn anything becomes difficult while you didn't learn for a long time (as English for me :). Technical things, as computing is, are difficult to learn. What means "a good user experience" is, against non-technical persons and on marketers point of view, to hide technical things behind well-known-like things, even if not efficient : mostly, I prefer a good VT100/220 terminal because I learned to read and write, but never to draw, even more by squashing a mouse.

GrandMa have habits to use mice traps :p

Note I left Mutt because of my cousins and other friends who likes html only messages...

TH.