[libreplanet-discuss] Libreboot Warns Against Gitorious, Gitlab and Gith

From: Will Hill
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Libreboot Warns Against Gitorious, Gitlab and Github
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 09:09:30 -0600

The people at Libreboot explain that Gitlab is working against the free
software community and should be avoided.  The company owners FUD the GPL and
push people to non free software. Libreboot recommends hosting your own code.

http://libreboot.org/gitorious/

I would also remind people of GNU's hosting services,

http://savannah.gnu.org/

There is nothing wrong with pushover free software, but we should learn from
history that software owners advocate such licenses to steal our work and
extinguish free software.  Microsoft practically gloats over how much easier
it is to destroy a company that uses BSD in their Halloween documents.

http://www.catb.org/esr/halloween/halloween1.html

I wrote a longer essay about this on Google Plus,

https://plus.google.com/113579520393333767984/posts/BqequJqubmL

I think everyone here can agree that non free software is an injustice and
that we should avoid companies that advocate it, especially for software
hosts.  If you can't trust a company, you should not trust them to distribute
your code anymore than you would trust Facebook to message your friends.