Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 01:34:37 -0500

I can think of ways and reasons what you say is just what software owners
would like and need.

Unintentional open washing is a negative consequence of mandatory source
release.  Just having source code won't protect users of software like
Windows.  We can't even be sure Microsoft will comply but we do know that our
government has already cooperated with them to violate us.  The public would
be fooled.

30 years of bad laws created powerful and dangerous software owners.  Simply
abolishing copyright would give those companies a second generation of free
software to rip off, one that's larger and better than the first generation
they plundered in the 1980s.

To get rid of non free software, we must maintain all of the advantages we
have now.  Currently, non free software is experiencing two crises - inferior
code that comes from the inherent waste of information ownership, and a
complete collapse in confidence caused by rampant spying and malice, revealed
in part by Edward Snowden.  We must not give them competitive code and we
must not let them wash themselves with fake openness.

I'd rather deliver a knock out blow to them by removing copyright protection
for non free software.