Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software develop

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software development platforms?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:55:53 +0100

Dnia wtorek, 17 marca 2015 00:08:17 Rudolf pisze:
> You might be interested in checking out fossil scm:
> http://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki
>
> It's a distributed source control system, it includes bug tracking, wiki,
> web interface and some other features.

I know Fossil. Thing is, it's not exactly what I have in mind. ESR wrote a
good article about this approach:
http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=3940

Problem with Fossil and similar distributed source-control-and-issue-trackers
is that everybody gets their own version of issues and their states. This is
unacceptable, as it hinders cooperation.

What I do have in mind is more like Twister, which I have already called upon:
everybody can run their own daemon/instance *easily*, issues and other such
project data are distributed via DHT so that everybody can *easily* get the
latest status of all issues, etc.

Jessica's ActivityStreams approach is interesting for me as a stop-gap
measure, just as federated social networks (The Federation:
Diaspora/Friendica/Red/GNU Social; Pump.io; BuddyCloud and others) are (IMVHO)
just a stop-gap measure to server-less, truly decentralized social networks
(again, like Twister). "Servers are passé", I'd say. ;)

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147