Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software develop

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software development platforms?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:59:19 +0100

Dnia wtorek, 17 marca 2015 01:03:55 Nicolás Reynolds pisze:
> rysiek <rysiek@hackerspace.pl> writes:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > the Gitlab/Gitorius situation rekindled my interest in what I would call
> > the "next step" in software development management -- a truly
> > decentralised/federated platform.
> >
> > First step could be to have different instances being able to "talk to
> > each
> > other", a bit like different Diaspora pods and Friendica servers talk to
> > each other. So as to make pull requests, issue tracking, etc,
> > near-seamless *across* different servers.
>
> https://github.com/toolmantim/bananajour

This is pretty much awesome. :)
I will be a heavy user of this little gem, thank you!

However, also not exactly what I have in mind here... As far as I understand,
bananajour does not sport issue tracking, does it? That's something I'm
actually looking for. Git is great for decentralized source code control, but
we need something else for decentralized issue tracking (as per ESR's article
I linked in the second leg of this thread).

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147