Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Decentralized blog comment system

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Decentralized blog comment system
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:55:24 +0200

Dnia niedziela, 22 marca 2015 14:41:05 klez pisze:
> Hi LibrePlanet
>
> Does anyone know of a system that allows to put comments on a
> blog, a-la Disqus, but that is federated? I mean, the comments for a
> single post can be hosted on different server, depending on which one
> the user is registered to.
>
> If not, would anyone be interested in helping to develop such a
> solution? Or just to discuss its utility.

I might be interested, if I find the time. I had a similar idea some time ago:
http://rys.io/en/31

One thing though: I would be careful not to create a new incompatible
discussion system. We already have several different libre social networks
that do not talk to each other -- and this *really* makes no sense! The
Network Effect[1] works against us, instead of for us.

Diaspora, Friendica, GNU Social talk to each other already (and have quite a
few users nowadays), so I would say it makes sense to consider working on a
comment system that is compatible with them.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak