Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software podcasting solutions?

From: Serge Hooge
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software podcasting solutions?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 09:21:55 -0500

Hi,

> So, how would one podcast with only free software? The people who
> will work on the podcast are *not* technically well-trained, and
> that's part of why they like Apple products' (according to them) ease
> of use. Self hosting the podcasting solution (server and all) will
> also be difficult as there's lots of red tape around that in my
> organisation. What about something like LibreFM where we can submit
> our recordings to for them to be publically available? Is there still
> any hope? Thanks!

Free as in Freedom (http://faif.us/) uses a simple RSS and OGG deal,
which is pretty convenient and easy to use, but as you mentioned
hosting your own solution would be difficult, I think using one of the
many public MediaGoblin instances might work.
https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Live_instances

Cheers,
--
Serge Hooge

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML e-mail
/\                        - against proprietary attachments