Re: HP-UX "module" linking problem

From: Kent Boortz
Subject: Re: HP-UX "module" linking problem
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:11:36 +0200

Albert Chin <address@hidden> writes:
<snip>
> So, in both cases, libz is not on the command-line used to create the
> shared library.

Yes, what I meant was that I took the "cc...." line libtool expand to,
inserted "-lmysqlclient" and tried link it manually. and it worked.
Making me beleive it is a libtool problem.

Looking inside the "libtool" command and Googling a bit more, I found
an ugly way around this. After generating the "configure" script, I
change it to say

  hpux10.20* | hpux11*)
    lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all

This makes it let "-lmysqlclient" pass on, I found no way to force
this using any command line flag.

> On HP-UX, lib*.a libraries are always static archives, regardless of
> how the members were compiled. If you want to link in
> libmysqlclient_r, I think your only solution is to build it as part of
> whatever program you're building but create it as a convenience
> library.

Thanks, I will look into that option,

kent

--