Re: 1.5.43.rz1

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: 1.5.43.rz1
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:46:09 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> I don't see an easy solution. The problem is that
>
>   \property Foo.Bar = baz
>
> is really a music expression, while
>
>   \translator  {
>     Bar = baz
>   }
>
> is an entirely different beast. Perhaps we can try to live with the
> way these properties are done for now (i.e. very verbosely), and see
> if it becomes a real problem in the long run?

I assure you, it will.
Especially (for us, now) b) will become a convert-ly-problem... :-/

Well, I just thought of a simple and effektive solution for a):
Just add the same alias to ALL context and refer to that alias to get to
the innermost context. The bad thing, ofcourse, is that you afaics have
to set the properties right after the context is created - but that is
usually not a real problem (at least not with accidentals).

\include "paper26.ly"

thickStems = \notes \property Current.Stem \set #'thickness = #5.0
noStems = \notes \property Current.Stem = \turnOff
mel = \notes \transpose c''' {c d e f}

\score {
  \notes <
      \context Staff=sa { \mel }
      \context StaffGroup <
          \thickStems
          \context Staff=sb { \mel }
          \context Staff=sc { \noStems \mel }
          \context Staff=sd { \mel }

      \context Staff=se { \mel }
      \context Staff=sv <
          \context Voice=va { \mel }
          \context Voice=vb \transpose c { \thickStems \mel }

  \paper {
    linewidth=-1
    \translator {
      \ScoreContext