Re: Vim-mode for LilyPond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Vim-mode for LilyPond
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:09:51 -0700

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:28:00 +0200
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
> > Great job!  I'm using it right now (well... ok, I was using it just before
> > I started typing this email. :)  and it's great!  Now I don't have to
> > rely on lilypond error messages in order to get the right number of
> > ]>} .  :-)
>
> Maybe this could do with some documentation, so that others will find
> it as well?

Sure, if Heikki doesn't do it.  Hmm... maybe it should be submitted to
the vim folks as well.

In any case, I'll look into what needs to be done (to use the vimrc as
a user, rather than copying it into /usr/share/vim/foo) and figure out
where in the docs to stick it.

BTW, from my hasty glance at the existing vimrc (in the top level of the
source), it looks as though it's mainly aimed at people programming lilypond,
rather than people writing lilypond files.  Is that correct, or have I missed
things due to my ignorance of vim?  :)