Re: compiling lily 2.0 under cygwin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: compiling lily 2.0 under cygwin
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:21:56 +0200

John Comeau writes:

> To get lilypond-2.0.0 to compile under a recent
> cygwin, I had to do the following:
>
> $ cd /usr/lib
> $ ln -s python2.3/config/libpython2.3.dll.a .

Yes, the Cygwin python package is a bit broken.  So you did not
use/find the Windows/Cygwin section in:

   http://lilypond.org/web/devel/packaging.html

The mknetrel scripts, used to build LilyPond, add to LDFLAGS.

> This is the first time I've tried compiling any
> lilypond under cygwin, so this is probably old news to
> regulars of this list.

Thanks for sending your message anyway, building LilyPond natively
especially the fonts, documentation and the package itself, has not
yet been fully successful.

Jan.