Re: Feta font

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Feta font
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:04:40 +0100

Have a look at www.freetype.org

> Can they be converted to TTF?

Why would you want to do that?

> Unfortunately, I have yet to find an open source version of Flash MX
> 2004 [...]  show me the open source equivalent of Scorch.

I don't know what these are.  Show me the closed source equivalent of
LilyPond :-)

> This project is going in a different direction, so it's not quite
> comparable to those, as far as I know.

Ah.  What direction is that?

> Are you suggesting I should contribute towards that, rather than PG?

I would want you to know about it, as it seems a quite similar
project.  It would not hurt to cooperate, if possible.

> Mutopia does seem to be a well-designed archive, but I have two
> reasons against contributing.

There may be stronger reasons against starting something new.

> 1) I like the idea of having a one-stop archive.

If they have what you're looking for.  One big archive may be better
than two small ones, esp. if they overlap.

> 2) Mutopia doesn't provide MusicXML files.

MusicXML has come up before, you can search the archives.  We do not
think it is a very interesting subject.  The problem of converting
lilypond from and to musicxml is a very small one compared to getting
a decent printing of the music.

Jan.