Re: what is \consistsend

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: what is \consistsend
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:59:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> What is \consistsend good for?  It is nowhere documented.

IIRC (guru hackers, please correct me if I am wrong!), engravers listen to
events following the design pattern of a responsibility chain rather than
following an observer pattern (BTW, why?).  Consequently, the order
matters in which engravers are added to contexts.  I guess \consistsend
adds an engraver to the end of the chain, while \consists adds an engraver
to the head of the chain, but I may be wrong.