Re: what is \consistsend

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: what is \consistsend
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:08:28 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> See: "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and
> John Vlissides ("gang of four"), Addison-Wesley, 1995.  ISBN 0-201-63361-2.
>
> A must-have book for software designers!  (Actually, this book motivated a
> whole bunch of other books by various authors over the last couple of
> years, some of which you may also find to be interesting.)

I am a skeptic of the whole concept of "pattern."  Until someone can
give a proper formalization of the concept, I will just solve the
problem at hand with whatever technique I feel is appropriate.

In other words, if you can explain me why what "An observer pattern"
is, and why it would solve the engraver broadcast/acknowledge better,
I will consider using it. (No, I don't feel inclined to read the book).