3.0

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: 3.0
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:24:42 +0200

Hi guys,

3.0 is almost ready. For the 3.0 release

1. I've put back TeX as the default backend.  I welcome patches that
  will Do The Right thing for encodings and landscape options of
  \bookpaper.

2. I will have a another look at slurs across line-breaks

I propose to release 3.0 once Item 2. is dealt with.  I expect this to
happen in 1 to 2 weeks.  Of course, if there are any very pressing
bugs reported on the mailing list, I will try to fix those as well.

There is also some other good news: some of the dependencies for the
LilyPond GNOME backend have been released or are almost ready to be
released. This means that in a short while we will have "native"
point-and-click, without requiring TeX or DVI.