Re: 3.0 -- gnome backend

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: 3.0 -- gnome backend
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:43:48 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

> I recall that it wasn't so long ago that not all distributions shipped
> with fontconfig, which  is instrumental in getting fonts from
> ~/.fonts/ configured correctly.

That's it!  xset/xlsfonts has nothing todo with gnome/pango fonts.  It
seems gnome-font-install doesn't either.

It's the fontconfig package; lilypond fonts should show up in fc-list.

My fontconfig documentation says it looks in /usr/share/fonts and
~/.fonts.  To have fontconfig look in other directories, make a

~/.fonts.conf:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
<dir>~/cvs/savannah/lilypond/lilypond/mf/out</dir>
</match>
</fontconfig>

Jan.