Re: 2.5.13 cygwin build - partial success

From: Wolfgang Hoffmann
Subject: Re: 2.5.13 cygwin build - partial success
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:54:01 +0100

Hi Bert,

> 4. the lilypond alphanumeric characters seem not to work. Perhaps
> some configuration failure. See attached png.

I had the same problem here on Linux when trying to get Lilypond 2.5.13
to run on a LinuxFromScratch based system. I solved it by upgrading mftrace
from 1.1.2 to CVS head and recompiling lilypond to have the fonts re-traced.
Now the "3/4" time signature has the correct font (feta).

The reason is a problem with the feta-alphabet20 font embedded in
the postscript output. The font seems to be named "feta-alphabet20-"
by mftrace in the feta-alphabet20.pfa file, but used as "feta-alphabet20"
in the .ps file. Other than that, it is embedded correctly (fontforge shows
the right glyphs when opening the .ps file), but due to the naming mismatch,
the embedded font is not used but substituted by some default font.

Maybe a 1.1.3 release of mftrace would be a good thing?

Bye,
Wolfgang