Re: Wrong order of staffs in score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Wrong order of staffs in score
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 18:28:24 +0200

A typical question for lilypond-user (since you use the stable
version) or bug-lilypond (if you suspect it's a bug), but not directly
for lilypond-devel, which should be reserved to discussions on the
development version and ideas for future versions (at least that's
the impression I've got).

Anyway, I have just played enough with your example to notice that
it works correctly if you replace the GrandStaff with a StaffGroup,
which may also give a more pleasing layout.

By default, GrandStaff contexts can only contain Staff contexts,
not PianoStaff contexts. If you really want that, you could add
\layout{\context{\GrandStaff \accepts "PianoStaff" }}
but I don't think you will like the resulting layout.

   /Mats

Ruud van Silfhout wrote:
With the score below I get the staffs in the wrong order. Although it is specified that the pianostaff should appear before the pedal staff (as for organ-scores), it appears with the pedal staff first and then the piano staff. I vaguely remember to have run into such a problem before, but I have a new PC without the old information on it and, as said before, I cannot reach lists.gnu.org (I get access denied errors).
Still running lily 2.4.3 on cygwin (XP)

TIA,
Ruud
Mutopia maintainer