Re: lilypond-book problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book problem
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 20:54:57 +0200

It seems that you use the suffix .tex for your LaTeX file with embedded
LilyPond commands. The problem is that the output file from
lilypond-book also is given the suffix .tex since that's the convention
for usual LaTeX files that can be processed directly by LaTeX.
One solution is to use another suffix for your input files to
lilypond-book (I use .lytex and I think that's used also in the examples
in the manual). An alternative is to do what the error message tells
you, namely to let lilypond-book place the generated output files in a
separate directory, for example
lilypond-book --output=out ...
will place the files in the directory out/ (there's an example of that
too in the manual). An additional advantage of using --output is that
you don't get all these ly-* files in the same directory where you edit
your input files.

   /Mats

Laura Conrad wrote:
I have a .lytex file that worked on 2.5.21, and it's producing wierd
output on this morning's CVS.
I worked out the --psfonts problem, but now the music isn't being
placed correctly on a page.

I attempted to run lilypond-book on lbook-latex-test.tex, but was
unsuccessful at figuring out the correct options.  I get:

lilypond-book   --psfonts=fonts.ps  lbook-latex-test.tex
lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 2.5.27
lilypond-book: error: Output would overwrite input file; use --output.

lilypond-book   --psfonts=fonts.ps --output=out lbook-latex-test.tex
lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 2.5.27
lilypond-book: error: Output would overwrite input file; use --output.

So if anyone wants to look at my problem, the files are in
<http://serpent.laymusic.org/~lconrad/music/vaneyck/book>.  The screwy
looking output is score.ps.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing