Re: part combiner

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: part combiner
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:20:01 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I finished the scheme part of the part-combiner.  Attached is the patch.
There are still bugs in the C part which I cannot solve:

- When there are two voices unisilence, one of them a multimeasure rest,
and the other a smaller rest, than sometimes the multimeasure rest
swallows the other, with the result that there appears a gap before the
first note.

- Sometimes slur-events are swallowed, so a slur appears to have no end.

- Multimeasure rests are not positioned according to their voice, but
always appear in the middle.

I would solve these problems myself if I could, but it would take to much
time with my limited understanding of lilypond internals.

Kristof Bastiaensen

Changelog:
 2005-07-07  Kristof Bastiaensen  <address@hidden>

        * ly/declarations-init.ly: Set the properties to record for the
        part-combiner.

        * scm/part-combiner.scm: Complete rewrite of the part-combiner.

        * lily/moment-scheme.cc: Added the scheme function ly:sub-moment
        to subtract moments.

        * lily/recording-group-engraver.cc: Added the possibility to
        record properties by putting their name in the recordProperties
        property.

Hi,

it's Officially Highly Cool that you have managed to rewrite the part combiner. I would love to help solve the remaining problems with it.

However, then I have to understand the code, and I'm missing the big picture of what is happening. Maybe you could write a short overview of the structure of your implementation? In particular, what data do you use, and how do you store it?

Sorry if this sounds stupid: although I'm fairly knowledgeable about theory of Scheme, I'm not all that fluent in reading and writing it.