Re: Website: documentation links

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Website: documentation links
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:06:42 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> John Mandereau wrote:
> > There are lots of links to 2.4 Documentation in the website; shall I
> > update them?
>
> Yes, I guess.
>
> > I suggest that a new at-variable @STABLE-DOC@ is created, which value is
> > the path to the documentation of the latest stable version.
So, I assume you prefer those links are updated manually in every page.

> > In about/features.html, there is a comment "todo: add links" in section
> > "Special notation": shall I do it?
>

> actually, that page needs overhaul on the whole. It doesn't radiate any
> of the enthousiasm that switch/advantages.html does. Also, does it
> anything? Shouldn't we just scrap it?
What about the annotated demo (graphics/annotated-demo.svg)? Have you
planned to use it in this "Features" page?
I think it would well replace the 2nd section "Automated high-quality
formatting".
The sections "Music language input", "Robust design" and "Excellent
support" are redundant with switch/advantages.html, so we maybe should
simply drop them.
The 3rd section "Special notation" isn't redundant; maybe it'd be more
attractive if instead of being a simple list, features were sorted in
groups (Orchestral notation, Ancient notation, Modern notation,
Instrument-specific notation...), and illustrated with the documentation
snippets, instead of the links to the documentation. What do you think
of that?

--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>