Re: Tie formatting

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Re: Tie formatting
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 22:54:04 +0100

Forgot the pngs. (Sorry 'bout all the attachments.)

On 2/5/06, Erlend Aasland <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

The new tie code will produce very nice ties in many cases, but there is still a lot of cases where ties are misplaced (see attached file tie.ly). For example, ties that are outside the staff are often placed too high or low. That is the issue I've tried to adress with patch 1 and 2. The third patch tries to fix long ties that touch staff lines (input/regression/tie- single.ly).

I'm pretty shure that these small patches won't mess up other tie cases (I've done a quick check in the input/regression directory, comparing new output to old output). Please see the attached PNGs for the effect of the patches. ("Tie single" is from the regression directory.)

I'm think that patch 1 can be applied, but I'm not so shure about patch 2 and 3. I'd be happy if someone could review these changes. All patches are against CVS, modifying only lily/tie-formatting-problem.cc. All of the patches should be independent of each other.

Regards,
  Erlend Aasland