Re: centered dynamic in PianoStaff

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: centered dynamic in PianoStaff
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 07:51:04 +1000

On Saturday 21 April 2007 02:39, Till Rettig wrote:
> I didn't have time to yet write any bug report on that but some piano
> notes I wrote basing on the template have huge distances between the
> stems. It seems that the additional "empty" staff for the dynamics is
> just taking up much too much space. This is somehow also visible in the
> template example but gets only visible when you compare lines with
> dynamic signs to lines in which the dynamic line is empty.

There are some hacks in the template that rely on a fixed distance between
staves. I've removed those. Since it might be a while before they show up on
the web pages, the fixes are to replace
      \override DynamicText #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)
      \override Hairpin #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)
with
      \override DynamicLineSpanner #'Y-offset = #0

If you want to get rid of some more space, change the minimum-Y-extent line so
that it is set to ##f (this might be a good idea by default).