Lilypond.app for Mac OS X

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Lilypond.app for Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 08:31:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Thanks for developing a Lilypond frontend for Mac OS X. It's really great
to be able to use Lilypond so
simply without having to install a bunch of fink packages.
I really like this all-in-one aspect of it.

I have a few requests however :
1/ Would it be possible to have syntax coloring in Lilypond.app's editor ?
I suppose you could even take the code from other opensource's projects
like TeXShop or iTeXMac since
Lilypond has kind of a LaTeX-like syntax.

2/ I notice that there is a character encoding problem with the console
embedded in the application. For example, when I typeset the "A scale
in Lilypond" demo that is provided with the frontend, I get :
 Traitement de << /Users/jsalort/Desktop/Untitled.ly >>
Analyse...
Interpr'etation en cours de la musique...
Pr'e-traitement des 'el'ements graphiques...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Sortie mise en page vers << Untitled.ps >>...
Conversion `a << Untitled.pdf >>...

ie. some of this output is written in french but with LaTeX-source-like
accents ('e instead of é).

If these two issues were addressed, then Lilypond.app would go from a
great application to an even better one... :-)
Thanks again,

Julien Salort