Re: second thoughts about @samp{}

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: second thoughts about @samp{}
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:53:02 +0200

Le vendredi 12 octobre 2007 à 15:02 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Kurt Kroon wrote:
> > I'm getting "can't connect to the server errors" ... so I can't refer to it
> > (in the HTML output, anyway).
>
> It's fine when I connect from the lab, but apparently it doesn't work
> from off-campus since yesterday.  What a great webserver.  :/
>
> Anybody have a server they don't mind donating to GDP?  The bandwidth is
> quite low, but building the docs takes a fair amount of extra programs
> (imagemagick, etc) and CPU time (about 45 minutes on a G5 machine, and I
> do this once a day).

Why not create another web space on tuxfamily.org, like "lilypondwiki"?
Someone still would have to build the docs and upload them to the server
(via FTP, SFTP or ssh/rsync), though.  Graham, if you are insterested,
create a user account on tuxfamily.org, join the project named
"lilyhelp", then contact me privately so we can decide about technical
details.

> Actually, on second thought you could still check the sources on git.
> Lilypond git -> lilypond/gdp branch -> Documentation/user/policy.txt
>
> It's probably easier just to post the text in the email, though.

Additionnaly, you can refer to any file in any branch with a Gitweb URL.

Cheers,
John