Alignment problem with text crescendo in << {...} {...} >> in 2.11

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Alignment problem with text crescendo in << {...} {...} >> in 2.11
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:52:43 +0100

I have a score, where some text crescendi start during a note, so I'm using a
parallel voice of skips to correctly align the "cresc.":

    << g2:8 { s8 s \setTextCresc s8\< s } >> | % 38

However, while this works in 2.10, in 2.11 the "cresc." is not correctly
aligned, but rather placed at the very beginning of the staff line!
And on the command line I get the error messages:

Drawing systems...
programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: nan staff space
Setting to zero.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: nan staff space
Setting to zero.
continuing, cross fingers
Layout output to `cresc_align_problem.ps'...

Attached is a simple example displaying the problem. Aligning dynamic text and
hairpin crescendi works fine, as the example shows, too.

Is there an easy fix, or at least an easy workaround?
I have to finish the whole orchestra material for a large concert in the next
two or three days, and this problem appears 58 times in the instrumental
scores (judging from the number of error messages...)... Apparently,
crescendi appearing in the wrong position is not what is acceptable in scores
used for a performance!

Cheers,
Reinhold