RE: Alignment problem with text crescendo in << {...} {...} >> in 2.11

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Alignment problem with text crescendo in << {...} {...} >> in 2.11
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:13:12 -0000

Seems to be a bug arising from a combination of
\setTextCresc and spacers.  Seems to work ok in 2.11.34
as-is with hairpins (possible workaround) or if the spacer
to which the \< is attached is replaced by a pitched note
and the << \\ >> construct is used for the duration of the
spanner (possible workaround with \hideNotes), like this:

\relative c' {
    \time 2/4 \key b \major
    fis2:8 | % 37
    << { g2:8 }   \\ { \hideNotes s8 \setTextCresc s c8\<
s } >> | % 38
    << { fis2:8 } \\ { s2 } >> | % 39
    << { g2:8 }   \\ { s8 s s\!\mf s } >> |
    << g2:8 { s8 s\< s\! s } >> |
    fis2:8 | % 42
}

Trevor D

http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien,
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer
maintainer