Re: My first push

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: My first push
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:30:35 +0200

2008/4/8, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
> Thanks Reinhold
>  I've not been able to work out how to push the changes to just a single
> file or directory - I presume that's possible?  I was wary of pushing the
> whole repository in case I had a few forgotten local commits, but that was
> all I could make work.  Fortunately there was only one and that was quite
> recent. I think this was a change Graham and I made simultaneously.

>From newbie to newbie:

Just in case this is all what you want is to have multiple files
changed and to be able to push only changes made to certain files, you
could do: $ git add file [file...] and then commit. Not added (still
changed) files do not go into this commit.

You can also get back to a previous state of your history doing $ git
reset --soft [<commit>] and all your changed files will appear as not
committed again.

My best friends are git status, git log, git show and git diff.

Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)