settings for headwords

From: Graham Percival
Subject: settings for headwords
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:52:40 -0700

Hi Neil,

Why did you modify the \paper{} and \layout{} settings for the
headwords?

- the \layout settings are necessary to avoid text going into the
  margins; they were taken directly from LM x.y.z Avoiding tweaks
  with slower processing.

- the \paper settings were chosen to ensure that the initial batch
  of headwords (in NR 1) looked good.  Two systems, etc.

- why remove the key signature and enable proportional notation in
  the rhythm example?  That might be appropriate if this were some
  20th century piece, but this is pure Beethoven.

- I'd like all headwords to use the same settings.  If you think
  that 16cm is better than 17cm (maybe the pdf looks bad with
  17cm; I can't remember if I checked), then please change it for
  *all* headwords.

I'm quite willing to have you change any things in the headwords,
but I'm not certain if you've considered all these issues.