Re: syntax changes before beta version

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: syntax changes before beta version
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:11:41 +0200

On 2008/07/11 17:18 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> I really think we should announce a beta version ahead of 2.12, but we
> can't do this until we're certain all the syntax is taken care of.

Agreed; I wish we could announce the beta after we have switched to
texi2html on master, but this is currently no more a reasonable option,
this switch may be delayed until just before 2.12.

BTW how should we announce GDP changes for the beta release?  I *will*
mention them anyway, because they take a so great place in recent
development that they can't remain silent any more.  For example, what
about announcing state of docs sections (finished, public draft, in
progress...)?

Cheers,
John