Re: post-GDP doc team

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: post-GDP doc team
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:37:57 +0100

Neil, you wrote Wednesday, August 06, 2008 8:45 PM
2008/8/6 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
Neil

Further to this, I've just realised that 'layer takes a number, not an
integer, so the variable overprinting of grobs in the same layer could be
due to rounding. In effect we have an infinite number of layers, but grobs
with the same nominal value may be printed in either order.

I think that's a mistake, since System::get_paper_system () converts
the value to int using robust_scm2int; this is where the default value
of 1 is set for all the objects which don't have 'layer set in
define-grobs.scm.

You're right.  The value of 'layer is held as a real, but converted to an
integer before use.  It seems all +ve and -ve integers are effective,
though, so we still have quite a few discrete layers.  I'll incorporate
the essentials of this in the NR.

BTW, I can't find robust_scm2int.  Does this round or truncate?

Regards,
Neil