a couple of bugs with lyrics

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: a couple of bugs with lyrics
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:08:33 +0200 (CEST)

Please look at this snippet and the attached image:

    \context Voice = "foo" {
      R1 * 32 |
      c''1 |

    \context Lyrics = "footext" \with {
      \remove "Hara_kiri_engraver"
      \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-10 . 10)
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-empty = ##f
    } \lyricsto "foo" \lyricmode {

    \context Voice = "bar" {
      R1 * 33 |

Here the bugs:

  1. I'm replacing hara-kiri with axis-group; however, whatever I do,
     there is no (empty) lyrics line in the first system.

  2. I have to set the `remove-empty' flag explicitly to #f, which I
     consider wrong behaviour.  If I add an engraver I expect that all
     of its variables are set to the default, this is, I get a `fresh'

  3. The default values of the `remove-empty' and `remove-first' flags
     are not documented in lilypond-internals.

PNG image