Feature request: more repeat signs

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Feature request: more repeat signs
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 07:49:01 +0000 (UTC)

Developers - thank you for such an awesome program!

Feature request: more repeat signs

Two "double-sided" repeat-sign styles (commonly found in print)
are missing from LilyPond, as far as I can tell:

1.) repeat dots, thin line, thick line, thin line, repeat dots
2.) repeat dots, thin line, thick line, repeat dots

The "Standard Music Notation Practice" source-book ("weaner93"
in the engraving bibliography)* recommends the first of these
two (LilyPond's current default for that is \bar ":|:")

  see p.15
    http://mpa.org/music_notation/standard_practice.pdf

* http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/bibliography/engraving.html

Following LilyPond convention, I suppose the first would be
coded as \bar = ":|.|:" and the second as \bar = ":|.:".

Thanks so much!
Mark

Here are some real-world examples for the curious:

___________________________________

First type ( :|.|: )

J.S.Bach, Aria from the Goldberg Variations,
  published by Breitkopf & Hartel
  see p.1
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/f/f8/IMSLP00823-BWV0988.pdf

J.S.Bach, Air from 6th Partita, published by Breitkopf & Hartel
  see p.13
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/9/9a/IMSLP00793-BWV0830.pdf

D.Scarlatti, Sonata L.2, published by Ricordi
  see p.5
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/2/2b/IMSLP04441-Scarlatti_-_Keyboard_Sonatas__L.001-015.pdf

D.Scarlatti, Sonata L.24, published by Ricordi
  see p.30
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/6/65/IMSLP04442-Scarlatti_-_Keyboard_Sonatas__L.016-030.pdf

Second type ( :|.: )

Schumann, mvts.8-9 from Papillons,
  published by Breitkopf & Hartel
  see p.5
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/8/85/IMSLP00734-Schumann_-_Papillons__Op_2.pdf

Handel, var.4 from Suite III,
  published by Deutsche Händelgesellschaft
  see p.31
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/b/b0/IMSLP18735-PMLP44355-HG_Band_2.pdf