Re: Making texi2html optional? [done]

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Making texi2html optional? [done]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:32:09 +0200

On 2008/08/30 00:14 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Basically yes. I've just fixed that last problem with section targets
> in -big-file.html, so all the major issues with texi2html should be fixed now
> (see http://wiki.kainhofer.com/lilypond/texi2html_issues)

Cool!  On my side, I fixed Spanish LM big page links and other issues
with translated docs.

One important downside with keeping "makeinfo --html" compatibility is,
we can't use @translationof command, and thus we still can't translate
node names in translated docs (FWIW it took me hours to make
html-gettext.py regular expressions work with both texi2html and
makeinfo outputs).  I hope we'll be able to reasonably drop "makeinfo
--html" support in a few months, the earliest will be the best of
course.

> However, before merging dev/texi2html into master, I would really recommend
> do a diff between master and dev/texi2html (which will of course only contain
> the changes you and I have done in dev/texi2html) and look closely at
> everything that was  changed.

Good idea!  I just did it and fix a few nitpicks accordingly.

I merged and pushed dev/texi2html into master, so we no longer need the
former.

Cheers,
John