\sustainOff confused by staff-switching

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: \sustainOff confused by staff-switching
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 23:44:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all,

Running this file...
____________________

\version "2.11.57-1"
\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff = RH { s4 }
  \new Staff = LH {
    \clef bass c8\sustainOn \change Staff = RH c''\sustainOff r4 r2
  }

...generates this warning...

5:56: warning: cannot find start of piano pedal: `Sustain'
   \clef bass c8\sustainOn \change Staff = RH c''
                                                 \sustainOff r4 r2

...and the pedal asterisk I was expecting does not get drawn.

If for some reason this isn't a bug, I guess it should be noted
in the "Known issues and warnings" section (NR 2.2.2 "Piano Pedals").

Happy to help,
Mark