Re: GUB experiments on linux-64

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: GUB experiments on linux-64
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:12:29 -0300

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Josh Parmenter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here is what I have figured out. I renamed my opt folder (that contains my
> own guile, etc.), and the crash disappears. But, then the command line app
> simply hangs on even the simplest ly file for about three minutes, then
> eventually compiles:
>
> {
>  c' e' g' e'
> }
>
> However, if I move opt back, the crash occurs again. The most stripped down
> crash report is below.

It seems that the lilypond .app for some reason is linked to the /opt
directory.  Can you figure out why?  Do you have /opt in any
environment variable?  Can you inspect the linkage of the binary
(IIRC, you can inspect the dylibs with otool).

The delay is most likely a font caching problem; doesn't it speed up
after the 1st run?

This was probably masked by the fact that previous .apps were using
the PPC architecture.